Work and grow at the URZJobs and Training
Become part of our team!
The University Computer Centre (URZ) is Heidelberg University's central IT service provider. More than 43,000 university members use our services in their everyday work, research and studies. We help people at Germany's oldest university work, learn and discover with modern IT - and together we shape the future.
Join us in this process: We are always looking for new colleagues to support and expand the university's IT landscape. We offer interesting, challenging and diverse tasks in the scientific IT sector - both for experienced IT experts and for young IT professionals who would like to grow their skills.
Current job openings
No job matching your qualifications? No problem!
5 reasons why it's worth it to send us a speculative application:
- Infrastructure and services: All of our relevant IT areas offer exciting and meaningful work.
- Not your ordinary IT provider: We apply and test a wide range of technologies, run HPC services, operate state services, engage in various cooperations and much more.
- Retirement plan, job ticket, fitness classes, etc.: Make use of the social benefits of the German public sector & diverse university services.
- Flexible hours: Take advantage of family-friendly work models
- Teamwork & culture: We welcome innovative ideas & open, solution-oriented communication.
You can find information about the services and technologies we work with on our website. Would you like to work in one or more of these areas? Then the URZ may be the right place for you!
Simply apply – this is how:
Just send us your resume with a cover letter and qualifications. During the recruitment process, we will discuss and evaluate where your skills and qualities could best be put to use.
Please send your application by e-mail in one single PDF document - with the keyword “Speculative application” to email@example.com.
Have we piqued your interest? We look forward to receiving your application via e-mail!
Job Training at the URZ
The University Computing Centre is one of three instutions offering apprenticeships (Ausbildung) for IT specialists in systems integration.
Career-oriented internships at the URZ
If “working with computers” is on your list of career choices, you can find out exactly what such a job entails at the University Computing Centre. Complete your career-oriented internship for the Gymnasium (BOGY) or your career-oriented internship for the Realschule (BORS) at the Computing Centre.