How-toSetting up a Standard Email Account (SOGo) in Outlook
1. Open Outlook. If no email account has been set up yet, the “Add New Account” window will open. In this case, proceed to step 4.
2. If another email account has been set up, you can manually open the “Add New Account” dialog box. To do so, click on the “File” tab. In the “Info” category, click on “Account settings” and finally on “Account settings” in the dropdown menu.
3. In the “Email” tab, select "New".
4. In the “Add New Account” window, select "Manual setup or additional server types". Then click on "Next".
5. Select "POP or IMAP", then click on "Next". Depending on your account type, you now have to enter different server settings.
6.1. In the next step, enter the following information:
Your Name: First and last name
- Email Address: Your full email address (<name/id>@uni-heidelberg.de, i.e. <name/id>@stud.uni-heidelberg.de)
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
- Username: Your Uni-ID or project number
- Password: The password for your Uni-ID or project number.
6.2. Next, click on “More Settings...”
6.3. In the new window, click on the “Outgoing server” tab and check the box next to "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication". Then click "OK".
7. Click on "Next". Outlook will test your email settings. After the test has been completed successfully, close it and click "Finish". Your email account is now set up in Outlook.