Collaboration platform and conferencing tool hosted by Cisco for University employees
Heidelberg University offers the Cisco cloud service Webex to all University employees as a collaboration platform for video conferences and online meetings. Even with a slow internet connection, you can get access to a (video) conference by telephone/mobile phone with a dial-in number. Thus, Webex creates an accessible platform even when you're on the move.
The following three products are included:
With Webex Meetings, you can organize video conferences and online meetings as well as invite colleagues and students. You can share your screens, edit documents together, and quickly transmit information using images and sound.
With Webex Training, you can arrange online training courses and stay in touch with the participants during and after the sessions. You can show presentations, stream web seminars and encourage participant engagement with tools like a interactive whiteboard and live chat.
With Webex Events, you can host online events and web seminars as well as provide streaming for very large numbers of participants.
Cisco Webex is a service for Heidelberg University employees.
- Simple creation and configuration of video conferences and online meetings
- Transfer files, share screens and use instant messaging
- Participants and guests (students or extra-university participants) can be invited with an email link. The only thing that the meeting creator needs to do to invite participants is to sharing the meeting link. This link enables participants to take part in the meeting even without a login.
Access and requirements
University employees can request to use the collaborative service Webex. For the application, we need to verify your identification with your Uni ID. Webex licenses are subject to a fee, therefore, it is only available for University employees.
- To use this service as a “conference inviter”, you need to receive authorization. Please use the linked online application form to receive this authorization.
- After your account (email address) is set up, you will receive a welcome email from webex_comm. Please confirm your registration by clicking on "Activate".
- You will then be taken to the start page to create a password.
- You account will then be active, and you can start using the collaboration platform Webex.
Cisco Webex is a commercial product from the company Cisco. The service is not operated by the University Computing Centre. We simply make the licenses available to you. If you have support questions that are not connected to your account, they can be immediately directed to the Cisco web interface (Main menu: Support).