ServiceUnified Communication (UC)
Control and manage your workplace telephone and a wide range of telephone functions via a web interface
The OpenScape Unified Communication UC web client enables you to individually configure various telephone fuctions as well as your availability at your work phone number while travelling or teleworking.
You can individually configure the functions of your work phone via a web interface in a browser according to your needs and use, manage and control them either when you are on the go or at work.
An overview of OpenScape UC's fuctions:
- One Number Service (ONS) enables the use of all registered telephone numbers under your work telephone number. The person on the other line will only be able to see your work number. Incoming and outgoing calls can be made on work or personal mobile devices or landlines without incurring charges for using your personal device.
- The ability to control all phone functions through a web interface or smartphone app
- Call lists and contact that are clearly displayed and easy to manage
- Availability settings and the display of your availability status
- Call forwarding
- Telephony on your web browser:
- A search function based on a central directory and your personal contact list
- Telephone conferences
- University employees
You can configure the functions of your work phone via a web interface in a browser according to your needs and use and manage them when you are on the go or at work.
- Securing availability under your work phone number when traveling or teleworking
- “One-number service” allows you to use all registered telephone numbers, including personal numbers, under your work number, so that you do not have to pay any extra charges. You can decide which phone you want to use for communication according to your needs.
- Your university telephone number will be displayed for all incoming and outgoing calls - regardless of which device you are using.
- Control availability according to your work schedule
- Easy configuration of functions according to your needs
Access and Requirements
To use the OpenScape web client, employees need to apply for a license with the telephone representative assigned to their institution.
Outside the university, you will need to connect to the university network via the VPN client in order to be able to use OpenScape UC.
OpenScape UC Web Client
This how-to describes both the basic and advanced features of the OpenScape UC Unified Communication & Collaboration solution. (DE)