Collaboration platform and conferencing tool for employees provided by Zoom and Deutsche Telekom
Zoom X is a collaboration and conferencing service. This service is provided by Deutsche Telekom GmbH in cooperation with Zoom Communications Inc. and offers the same user interface and applications as Zoom, hosted on servers in Germany. There will be no changes to the login or the client, and meetings can be held the same way as before.
Employees can obtain the following licenses for a fee:
- Zoom X Education (Meeting license)
With Zoom X Education, you can conduct video conferences and online meetings with up to 300 people. There is 500 MB of cloud storage available per license.
- Zoom X Webinar 500 (add-on to a Meeting license)
A Zoom X Education meeting license is required to use webinars. Up to 100 interactive video participants and up to 500 guests (view-only) can participate in a webinar.
- Easily create and configure video conferences and online meetings
- Transfer files, share your screen, and use instant messaging
- Conveniently invite participants and guests (students or non-university members) with an email link. Meeting participation is possible even without a login.
- Up to 300 people can simultaneously participate in the video conferences (Zoom X Education meeting license). 500 MB of cloud storage is available per meeting license.
- The add-On Zoom X Webinar allows you to host 100 interactive video participants and up to 500 guests (viewers).
Access and Requirements
Employees can obtain a license for the Zoom X Education video conferencing service for a fee. To place an order, please fill out the linked PDF form and send it to the email address: email@example.com.
Zoom X Webinar can only be used if a Zoom X Education meeting license has been obtained.
Employees who already have a paid Zoom license must first cancel this license in order to be able to order and use Zoom X with their university account. You can learn how to cancel your account on the linked page.
Please note that paid Zoom licenses should be canceled no later than 05.05.2023. At this time, the central admin account that manages all Zoom X Education licenses will be associated with the uni-heidelberg.de domain. After 05.05.2023, Zoom accounts linked to a university email address will only be able to be used if the account has been migrated to Zoom X.
To ensure the smooth migration of your account, we recommend canceling your account with Zoom as soon as possible, but no less than 30 days before the end of your individual contract term.
If you are using a university Zoom account on the free Basic plan, it will also be migrated to Zoom X on 05.05.2023 and will continue operating under the Basic plan.
Term and Cost
The term runs from the order date to the end date of the contract year (05.03.2023 until 04.03.2024). You will be notified about the license extension in a timely manner. You can find the exact costs in the linked order form.
Please note: Zoom X Webinar 500 can only be ordered as an add to the meeting license.