The scheduling application from the German Research Network (DFN)
DFN scheduler is a service from the DFN-Verein. With the online tool "DFN scheduler", you can coordinate meetings and offer office hour appointments. The German Research Network (Deutsche Forschungsnetz, DFN) operates the service, which can be used by all University employees. Similar commercial services like Doodle cannot be used by employees due to data protection concerns.
- Members of the University
- Users of the German Research Network
Members of the University and users of the German Research Network
The DFN scheduler is an easily accessible service for all Heidelberg University members and can be used without registration.
- Simple appointment arrangement
- Overview of participants
- Creating anonymous polls for which only the administrator can view the participants' names and the poll results.
- A maximum answer limit e.g. for office hours or occupancy lists
- Access to polls can be secured with a password.
- Participants can edit their votes after they have been cast.
- Participants have the possibility to vote by proxy.
Special attention to data protection:
- IP address are only saved in an anonymized form.
- All logs are completely deleted after seven days.
- Any collected data will be stored exclusively in Germany at the DFN-Verein, and it will not be passed on to third parties or used for any other purposes.
- Based on the poll expiration date, which must be assigned to each poll, the corresponding process including any data entered in connection to it will be automatically deleted.
Access and requirements
The DFN scheduler can be used without registration via the linked website.
In order for the coordination of appointments and office hours to comply with data protection regulations, it is necessary that the scheduling poll not be publicly accessible and that even the participants cannot view the poll results.
Please refer to our linked tutorial, which can be found on SharePoint (PDF, 1,5MB, Login: ad\<Uni-ID>).
Frequently asked questions
What functionalities does the DFN scheduler offer?
Additional FAQs (DE) can be found on the DFN website.