25 January 2023 - Software and ApplicationsNew Campus Licensces for Mathematica
Wolfram Mathematica is a system used for technical calculations applied in a wide variety of university departments. At the end of last year, a new license agreement for the software was signed. Users can now order and use cheaper licenses. For students, the licenses are free of charge.
Mathematica contains nearly 5000 built-in functions spanning all areas of technical computation and is used in a variety of departments for development, computation, simulation, analysis, and documentation of technical problems. The software includes functions for solving tasks in engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, “chemical computing” and all natural sciences.
Due to its extensive use and diverse range of applications, a campus contract with more affordable licenses was signed in November of last year. Individual licenses are always valid until the end of the contract year (31.10. of every year). Thereafter, a new order form will need to be filled out.
- There is no change for members of the Department of Physics and Astronomy, as the unlimited license is still valid. For more information about this, please contact your IT representative.
- For members of all other departments, the prices per user are staggered according to time frame:
- Annual rental fee 01.11.2022 - 31.10.2023: 309.40 €
- Annual rental fee 01.11.2023 - 31.10.2024: 321.30 €
- Annual rental fee 01.11.2024 - 31.10.2025: 357.00 €
- For students , Mathematica licenses are free of charge.
Would you like to obtain a license?
Further information about the software as well as forms and how-tos for ordering for students and employees can be found in our Service Catalogue.