Support and development project for research data management
The project bw2FDM is the support and development project for research data management in Baden-Württemberg and is structured into four areas:
- Coordination of the cross-sectional topics of the four Science Data Centers (SDC) in Baden-Württemberg
- Further development of the information platform forschungsdaten.info
- Advice and training in the field of research data management
- Planning and hosting the conference E-Science-Tage
One aim of the project is to assist the SDCs in building up the centers and addressing joint questions. This includes activities to promote the network between the SDCs, link them to the project bwHPC-S5 and increase their visibility for research communities in Germany and Europe. Specifically, bw2FDM supports SDC activities by establishing working groups for cross-sectional topics, for example, legal questions, external presentation, business models, meta data as well as training. bw2FDM is responsible for organizing E-Science-Tage 2021 and 2023, thereby supporting the nationwide exchange of knowledge and experiences related to research data management.
Status and duration
This project has been active since May 2019 and will be completed in April 2023.
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- Heidelberg University
- University of Konstanz
This project is funded by the Ministry for Sciences, Research and Arts of Baden-Württemberg (MWK).