15. December 2023 - IT SecurityFrom 15 December 2023: Multi-factor authentication for VPN login
From 15 December 2023, you will need a time-based one-time password (TOTP) in addition to your user name and password to log in to the central VPN service.
This is created by a one-time password generator, a so-called token.
All further information on multi-factor authentication, instructions and video tutorials on token creation can be found on the linked page on multi-factor authentication.
What changes for you
- From now on, you will need a time-based one-time password (TOTP) in addition to your user name and password to log in to the central VPN (Virtual Private Network) service.
- This is created by a one-time password generator, a so-called token.
- When logging in, you can have your time-based one-time password displayed from your token. Enter this password as a second factor after entering your user name and regular password.
- Students need VPN to access Moodle Exam.
- Further services will be connected to the MFA service over the next few months.
How to set up and manage your tokens
You can set up and manage your tokens yourself in around 10-15 minutes. The URZ offers the MFA token self-service platform LinOTP for this purpose.
All guides, video tutorials and further information as well as FAQs can be found via the linked service catalogue entry Multi-factor authentication or the red button.
If you need additional help, please contact your IT representative (for employees) or the IT service (for students).