This how-to is a supplement to the heiBOX Introduction. In the following, you will learn all you need to know about creating new groups, managing group members and sharing libraries in groups. Here, you can see the content overview:
- Create a new group
- Manage group members
- Share libraries with other groups
Create a New Group
Creating a group is a convenient way to share files to many people. In Seafile, you can easily create and manage groups.To create a new group please use the following steps:
1. Log in to heiBOX.
2. In the side menu, click on "Shared with groups".
3. Click on "All Groups".
4. This will show you an overview of all groups you are a member of.
5. Click on the button “New Group” at the top of the page.
6. Enter a name for your group and press "Submit".
7. After creating the group, please click on the group name in the group overview or click on “All Groups” in the side menu under “Shared with groups”.
8. You will be redirected to the group overview. Here you can see all libraries that are shared to the group.
Manage Group Members
To manage group members, you must either be the owner of the group (role "Owner") or have the “Admin” role:
1. Log in to heiBOX.
2. In the side menu, click on “Shared with groups” and then on the group name.
3. Open the member dialog by clicking on the little cog icon in the upper right corner and then select "Manage Members". This will show you all members of the group.
Remove: To remove a member from the group, press the small x beside the user role.
Invite: Type in the name of the user(s) you want to invite. You can invite multiple users at the same time. After pressing "Submit", users are added as regular members (role "Member"). To give certain users permissions to manage the group and/or manage members, please change that user’s role to "Admin".
Share libraries with other groups
If you would like more information on topics like “Share libraries with other users” or "Upload and Download Links for Libraries", please see the How-to "heiBOX: Introduction".
To share your library with a group, select “Share to groups” in the side menu of the Share dialog box. The next steps are the same as when you share with users (see "Share libraries with other users"), the only difference is that you will select a group instead of a user to share your library with. After clicking "Submit", the library will be shared with all members of the selected group(s).